04 Sep 10 reasons pets are good for kids
There are such huge numbers of advantages that pets accommodate kids! It’s simple for kids to get wrapped up in owning another pet, yet it’s up to their parents to ensure the experience is a positive one and that the pets receive the care they deserve all their life.
- Teaches responsibility- Chores like taking the dog for a walk, cleaning up the litter box, etc. inculcate the value of responsibility in the child along with giving the child a sense of satisfaction and achievement. Having a pet and taking care of it also develops empathy in the child.
- Decreases allergies– Contrary to popular belief, having a pet actually reduces allergies in a child. Research has proven that children who grew up with a pet are less prone to diseases and have a stronger immunity when compared to children who grew up without pets.
- Assists learning- Educators all over the world have been using pets as a form of therapy in school to developmentally challenged kids learning the process. In a research conducted regarding reading and pets, it has been observed that kids who have stage fright find it rather comforting to read out in front of their pets.
- Companionship- Pets offer unconditional love and companionship to the kids. Children often turn to pets when sad or in a negative mood. Children find security in animal companion and hence are less likely to have anxiety.
- It keeps the family together- Pets help build a family bond or make a family bond stronger as pets are often the focus during family time. Pets keep the mood light and show unconditional love to everyone in the family, and hence making the company enjoyable.
- Healthy lifestyle- If you have a pet dog, a healthy lifestyle is definitely common. Chores such as walking a dog, playing with the pet make sure you exercise at least a little and they keep you happy. A happy lifestyle is the first step to a healthy lifestyle.
- Lowers blood pressure- Stroking animals, especially cats and dogs is observed to keep a person calm and hence decreases anxiety and blood pressure. This way the pets make sure the child is confident, calm and happy.
- It reduces loneliness- Having a pet can make the child feel loved, protected and wanted, and wards off feelings of loneliness and isolation. Research has shown that children with pets tend to be more social.
- Teaches the circle of life- Having a pet can actually teach and help the child understand the circle of life. Dealing with the death of a pet can actually make your child stronger and understand how life works.
- Fun- This is the most important reason of all. Having a pet is a lot of fun for both the kids and the parents.